Top 15 Marketing Instagram Accounts You Should Follow in 2023
As we settle into 2023, we begin to look at what exactly this new year is going to look like. Whether it’s personal or professional, we can all agree that social media channels have shifted the landscape of what we perceive daily. Apps like Instagram, TikTok, and Pinterest have been the source of content creation – from TV shows to food recipes and beyond.
Now with all of this inspiration at our fingertips, how can we leverage its reach and impact for our audiences, brand inspiration, and growth? You can also drive inspiration, intent, and trends from those same sources.
If you’re ready to get inspired, spruce up your brand and/or social, or conduct a deeper dive into your audience persona, we have the top 15 Instagram accounts on marketing and growth that will help your brand stick out during your audience’s never-ending scroll.
What Are the Best Marketing Instagram Accounts to Follow?
- Ad Week
- Neil Patel
- Marketing Humor
- Digital Marketer
- Marketing 360
- Sprout Social
- Digital Chadvertising
- DTC Newsletter
- Dain Walker
- Ad Age
As one of the foremost names in the realm of growth marketing agencies, Nogood is dedicated to propelling impactful brands toward success. Our approach revolves around harnessing the expertise of top-notch professionals and cutting-edge tools to facilitate growth. The Nogood Instagram page is a vibrant tapestry of engaging and dynamic content tailor-made for the sharpest minds in the marketing arena.
Alongside its visual consistency, Nogood’s Instagram serves as a testament to our leadership in the field, showcasing our ability to seamlessly blend expertise with a touch of levity through the art of memes.
2. Ad Week
AdWeek’s Instagram account is dedicated to highlighting the most interesting and stand-out ads. A great account to look to for peak inspiration, design trends, and becoming knowledgeable on what ads are turning heads and driving conversions.
HubSpot is a great automation and CRM tool that helps companies scale their businesses. Not only does HubSpot’s Instagram deliver clear messaging for its tools, but it also builds its brand awareness through a cohesive feed and visual identity. Their Instagram account is full of marketing strategies gems. It also has the right amount of inspo for your MarTech automation or CRM strategy.
4. Neil Patel
His Instagram bio says it all; Neil is a New York Times bestselling author, Top 10 Forbes marketer, Top 100 Entrepreneur Under 30 by Obama, and much more – and his valuable insight is available on his Instagram page. The best part? Patel’s recommended tools, sage advice, and marketing breakdowns are all presented in bite-sized Reels format, making them an easy watch.
Satirical memes circulate around the company Slack channels that definitely hit a little too close to home for us marketers.
Calling all marketers: this profile has a feed filled with some of the best tools, tips, and techniques to be the best marketer you can be. Keep up with industry trends with some quick insight from marketers and resources to add to your marketing toolkit.
Ever wanted to get into business marketing but felt unsure where to start? Copyposse has your back. Spearheaded by Alex Cattoni (2022 Marketer of the Year), Copyposse demystifies everything about branding, copywriting, storytelling, and more in an engaging manner.
Canva is one of our highly-valued marketing design tools. Canva has been taking the design world by storm with vast amounts of templates, tools, and features to make your design process a breeze. Canva’s Instagram feed is no less impactful and convincing: it highlights product features and demonstrates how easy it is to curate content without other tools.
Another great resource for understanding how all-encompassing your marketing needs may be. Marketing360 gives you quick breakdowns and tips to remember when building out your marketing strategy. If you’re looking for some quick advice, you can rely on the insights that Marketing360 provides through its social media touchpoints.
10. Sprout Social
Inspired by its brand mission, Sprout Social is focused on looking at social media a little bit differently. Their feed uses bright colors and soft elements to make their persona unique, aesthetic, and informative, all in the same swoop. Their feed has tips and highlights of what leading brands are doing right and how to leverage your social to do the same.
LaterMedia takes a new twist on how to optimize content for Instagram. Their page primarily focuses on whimsical colors, bold fonts, and content that makes your head turn. The purpose of their feed is to highlight how their visual identity is also a tool for growing their business. If you’re looking for great use of color and inspiration for content that will make social media users stop scrolling, they’re the account to check.
If you worked in the agency space, you will likely love this account as much as we do. Chadvertising’s bio reads, “If you work in advertising and don’t even follow me wyd” – and we completely agree.
13. DTC Newsletter
Looking for a condensed way to get the latest tips and tricks? DTC Newsletter highlights their favorite content mixed with memes and podcasts to give a multimedia newsletter experience. Forget just reading articles; DTC ensures their users are engaged, and engrossed, and expect to find the answers to all their marketing concerns and questions.
14. Dain Walker
Dain is a brand strategist who teaches business and branding strategies via his beautifully designed and colorful feed.
15. Ad Age
Want to be the first to comment on the most recent collaborations, ads, and marketing news? Ad Age keeps its followers in the know about major news updates in the marketing world, allowing you to voice your thoughts as a brand before the space becomes oversaturated.
How to do Digital Marketing on Instagram?
After exploring the 15 best Instagram marketing accounts to follow in 2023, we’ve compiled a list of tips for digital marketing on Instagram gathered from these reputable sources.
1. Optimize Your Instagram Profile: Ensure your Instagram profile is complete with contact information, a keyword-optimized description, and an easily recognizable profile picture. Utilize a hashtag strategy to build a community and enhance visibility. Incorporate clickable profile links to direct traffic strategically.
2. Create a Compelling Content Strategy: Understand your audience’s preferences and diversify your post types, including promotional posts, motivational quotes, product photos, DIY content, and user-generated content. Embrace authenticity and experiment with various post formats, focusing on visual appeal and engaging captions.
3. Leverage Instagram Stories: Utilize an Instagram story to showcase user-generated content, obtain user-generated content through calls to action, share behind-the-scenes moments, and engage in live interactions with your audience. Use Stories to humanize your brand and connect with your followers.
4. Utilize Instagram Hashtags: Incorporate a mix of relevant hashtags, including branded, contest, general appeal, niche-specific, timely, and entertaining hashtags. Use popular hashtags strategically to expand your reach and engage with a wider audience.
5. Utilize Instagram Shop Features: Set up an Instagram shop to create an immersive shopping experience directly within the app. Utilize shoppable posts, Stories, and product tags to drive sales and encourage seamless purchases.
6. Harness the Power of Instagram Reels: Take advantage of Instagram Reels to share short, engaging videos that showcase product how-tos, inspiration, behind-the-scenes moments, and more. Utilize Reels to connect with new audiences and inject creativity into your marketing strategy.
7. Collaborate with Instagram Influencers: Partner with Instagram influencers in your niche to expand your brand’s reach and gain credibility. Identify influencers whose audience aligns with your target audience and collaborate on authentic, engaging content.
8. Utilize Instagram Ads: Leverage Instagram ads to tap into its vast user base and drive direct sales. Utilize shoppable ads that allow users to make purchases within the app. Set up scalable, targeted ad campaigns to reach your desired audience effectively.
9. Monitor and Optimize with Instagram Analytics: Regularly track your performance using Instagram Insights, focusing on metrics like engagement, reach, and impressions. Utilize analytics to refine your content strategy, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions.
10. Build a Comprehensive Instagram Marketing Strategy: Fully embrace Instagram’s features, post a variety of content regularly, and engage with your audience consistently. Create a cohesive marketing plan that aligns with your business goals and customer preferences.
By following these tips, you can effectively utilize Instagram as a powerful digital marketing platform to connect with your audience, showcase your brand, and drive meaningful results.
Overall, as we see the social media landscape transform and continue to be one of the leading sources in audience engagement, we discover new — and often unexpected — strategies to keep our marketing fresh. We know the importance of staying ahead of the curve and up to speed on tips, tricks, resources, and trends within the space. If you’re looking for inspiration or new tools to experiment with, this list is a great starting point for your search process.
If you are looking for a partner to take a deeper dive into social strategy tailored to your marketing needs, get in touch with us!